Monday, October 29, 2007

Autotest and libNotify

After trying to get mumbles to work with pidgin, I gave up and just used gnome's libnotify for the notification. Fortunately, there's a pidgin-libnotify plugin which is just one apt (or synaptic) away.



I've installed and tried autotest(from the zentest gem) and it seems nice. I created my configuration file to make use of the red/green plugin and to throw notifications to libnotify. This is a great article about doing that. The red/green stuff is not that much useful/nice on my terminal however because I've set it to use the green on black color scheme.

Make sure you set the path of the ruby gems. It's somehow not automatic in my machine so I had to do it manually.

export PATH=$PATH:/var/lib/gems/1.8/bin

Thanks to google and this article.



Through ajaxian, I found a way to force Prototype to do cross site scripting. This may remove some ugly onload hacks I've done in finesay.

No comments: